Do you need a dish to jazz up your party or dinner? Try something unexpected like a homemade peach salsa recipe. It’s a yummy way to celebrate National Peach Month!
Avocado and Peach Nutrition Facts
Peaches and avocados are not only delicious for summer they are also packed with nutrients that are beneficial for your body. Peaches and avocados are both full of fiber, potassium, and vitamin C. In addition, avocados will give your body a dose of folate.
Studies show that regularly eating peaches can better your eye health, while avocados can help lower high blood pressure. And both peaches and avocados can help fight obesity and promote weight loss. What could be better?
Check out this yummy peach salsa recipe from Rachel at Clean Food Crush.
Peach and Avocado Salsa
(recipe from Clean Food Crush)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 1/2 a small, red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 fresh peaches, peeled
- 1/2 red bed pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 small avocado
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- Mince the jalapeno, red onion, and garlic. Combine in a bowl.
- Dice the fresh peaches and red bell pepper and gently combine in the same bowl.
- Add the chopped fresh cilantro, salt, and pepper to the same bowl and mix well.
- Dice the avocado and in a separate bowl drizzle the fresh lime and lemon juice over the avocado. Make sure the juice coats the diced avocado well.
- Gently fold the avocado, lime juice, and lemon juice in with the rest of the ingredients.
Serving Options. One of the best things about this peach salsa recipe is that it’s so versatile. You can eat it at lunch or dinner or serve it at a party. Listed below are just a few serving options.
- The traditional tortilla chips. You can’t go wrong with this choice. It’s super delicious.
- Grilled chicken. Since it is grilling season, consider serving this peach and avocado salsa on top of grilled chicken. In fact, it will taste amazing paired with this grilled honey lime cilantro chicken.
- Grilled fish. If you’re not a fan of chicken, consider serving the peach salsa recipe with your favorite grilled fish like tilapia or salmon. It’s very refreshing.
- Fish tacos. You can take the peach and avocado salsa to the next level by adding it to your fish tacos. In fact, this peach salsa recipe will be a great substitute for the mango salsa in this fish taco recipe.