Sweet potatoes are an antioxidant, anticancer, and serotonin producing miracle food. It’s important to eat sweet potatoes any way you can. This recipe is a simple way to get your sweet potato fries and it’s also delicious for the entire family.
- Sweet potatoes (one per person)
- Olive oil (a couple of tablespoons to lightly coat the fries)
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste (you can add any other favorite spices too)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into fry-shaped pieces. Toss the uncooked fries into a mixing bowl with a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- In a separate bowl mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and any other spices you love. Use half a teaspoon per potato. Mix spices with sweet potatoes in the bowl.
- Place the fries in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping the sweet potato fries every 10 minutes so they can cook on all sides. Take the sweet potato fries out when they are crispy or when the surface of the fries changes from shiny orange to a more matte texture.