Try This Delicious Waffle Recipe
t’s National Waffle Day, which means it’s time to celebrate with a delicious waffle recipe. If you’re feeling hungry, consider making banana nut waffles with peanut butter maple syrup.
This waffle recipe does have a healthy ingredient: bananas. Bananas are full of vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, and fiber. The bananas will improve your digestive health and keep your heart healthy.
If you’re hungry for a new waffle recipe, try this one from Cookie and Kate. And don’t forget to try the peanut butter maple syrup too! Peanut butter is a source good nutrition.
Banana Nut Waffles With Peanut Butter Maple Syrup
(Recipe from Cookie and Kate and Garden & Table)
- 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup of milk of choice, lukewarm
- 3/4 cup of overripe mashed bananas (about 2 small bananas),
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Slices of fresh bananas
- Nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- 1/2 cup of honey roasted creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- Heat waffle iron on high heat, about one notch down from the highest setting. Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, sea salt, and nutmeg.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts or pecans.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the melted coconut oil and milk. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until the mixture is lukewarm.
- Whisk in mashed banana, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix. Tiny lumps may remain.
- Pour batter onto the heated waffle iron. Once the waffle is deeply golden, transfer it to a cooling rack sitting on a baking sheet. Don’t stack your waffles on top of each other, or they’ll lose crispness.
- Place the baking sheet in oven to keep the waffle warm. Repeat
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, soften/melt the peanut butter, about 20 seconds on high power. Don’t overheat it or it will scorch.
- Add the maple syrup and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Top the waffles with bananas slices, nuts (walnuts or pecans), and the peanut butter maple syrup. Serve. Bonus. Looking for another waffle recipe? Try these delicious sweet potato waffles. You’ll love it!