What’s better than fruity ice cream in the summer? Peach ice cream is a guaranteed family favorite, but if you’re looking for something a little different, try cardamom mango ice cream. It’s refreshing and with six ingredients, including fresh mango and cardamom powder, it’s easy to make too. And that’s not all! With the many health benefits of mango, you’ll be happy that you made this mango ice cream recipe.
Health Benefits of Mango
Mangoes aren’t just a delicious summer fruit; they’re also good for your body. They are rich in vitamin C and vitamin A. They are also a good source of vitamin B6 and fiber. With these nutrients come many health benefits. One of the health benefits of mango is cancer prevention—mangos are packed with cancer-fighting antioxidants. The high vitamin C count can also improve your immune system. Plus, the fiber and water content in mangoes are good for constipation as well.
This summer, enjoy this luxurious cardamom mango ice cream recipe. The cardamom powder gives the ice cream a sweet and savory kick. Check out the recipe below adapted from the Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen website.
Cardamom Mango Ice Cream
(recipe adapted from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 cups of fresh cubed mangoes
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- Combine the milk and sugar in a bowl together and mix the ingredients until the sugar dissolves.
- In a food processor, pulse the fresh mangoes until the fruit is finely chopped. Add the mangoes to the bowl of milk and sugar.
- Add the heavy cream, the vanilla extract, and cardamom powder to the bowl. Mix the ingredients together and put the ice cream mixture into your ice cream maker.
- Allow the ice cream to churn for 30 minutes.
- Place the churned ice cream in a container, cover, and freeze for two hours. This recipe makes 6 cups (or 1.5 quarts) of ice cream.
Bonus: Other Ice Cream Options
While the cardamom mango ice cream is delicious by itself, you can also pair it with another yummy ice cream for a refreshing combo. We suggest coconut ice cream. Mango and coconut is a natural pair and these two ice creams together make a tasty dessert.