Join Chef Kendrick Dopp on our new show Cooking for Love and try this super yummy holiday treat, Christmas Crack. It’s technically a Christmas or holiday recipe, but it’s so good who says you can’t eat it year round? If you haven’t tried Christmas Crack, get ready to become an addict! And while it’s not so much a healthy holiday snack, it is a dessert that all your friends will be asking you to make year after year.
Christmas Crack Recipe:
makes 5 servings
- Saltine crackers (1 sleeve)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups dark chocolate or semisweet chips
- 3/4 toasted chopped pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and line cookie sheet with crackers.
- Combine sugar and butter in sauce pan on medium and bring to boil.
- Boil 2-3 minutes.
- Pour mixture over saltines and spread evenly so all crackers are covered completely.
- Bake 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate over the top.
- Return to oven for 1 minute.
- Top with toasted pecans. (optional)
- Refrigerate for 2 hours
- Afterwards, break into pieces & enjoy!
There you have it, Christmas Crack. Make sure to leave some out for Santa – if there’s any left that is!