Check out these quick and delicious high protein meals that are easy to make while you’re at home, compliments of TASTY.
Here’s just one of the recipes shown in the video above. You can find the rest on the Pick Up Limes website here.
One-pot Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh red chili, finely minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) vegetable broth
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk (we used full-fat)
- 4 cups (400 g) mushrooms, thinly sliced (we used cremini and oyster)
- 14 oz (400 g) fussili or other pasta (GF if desired)
- ¼ cup (30 g) sun-dried tomato, from a jar, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (10 g) nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp (4 g) ground paprika
- Freshly cracked black pepper and salt to taste
- 2 big handfuls (100g) spinach
- Optional Garnish
- Lemon wedges
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Red chili flakes
- In a large pot on high heat, cook the onions, garlic, and chili in oil for 3 minutes, adding a splash of water as needed to deglaze the pan.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for the spinach, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer with the lid partially covering. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- When pasta is al dente, about 12-15 minutes, remove from the heat and add in the spinach. Stir to combine.
- Squeeze on some fresh lemon juice, sprinkle on thinly sliced basil leaves or some red chilli flakes if desired, and enjoy!
Video brought to you by Pick Up Limes