Blueberry season is about to begin and that means it’s almost time to add more blueberries to your diet—from breakfast smoothies to artisan dinner pizzas. If you’re looking for an easy blueberry summer dessert look no further than a no-bake blueberry cheesecake.
Why should you add blueberries to your cheesecake? Blueberries are the berries that keep on giving. They are full of vitamin C and vitamin K, antioxidants that can keep the brain young. Clinical tests even show that blueberries may mitigate some symptoms of PTSD.
So, including more blueberries in your diet is good for your health and it’s a fun way to celebrate the upcoming blueberry season. The recipe listed below requires no baking—it’s a great summer dessert to make when you don’t want to use your oven and further heat your home. For full instructions, check out the recipe listed below.
No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
(recipe from Tastemade)
- 3 ounces crushed biscuits
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2/3 teaspoon powdered gelatin
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (divided)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 10 fresh blueberries (optional)
- Edible flowers (optional)
- Crush biscuits and combine with butter. Press into a pan lined with aluminum foil. Combine frozen blueberries, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 2 teaspoons lemon juice in a bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes. Add 2/3 teaspoon powdered gelatin and mix well. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, yogurt, half the amount of heavy cream, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Mix well until smooth.
- Heat the rest of the cream in the microwave until just before boiling. Add 2/3 teaspoon powdered gelatin to combine. Add this to the cream cheese mixture and mix until smooth.
- Divide the mixture evenly into three separate bowls. Add all the berries and half the blueberry mixture liquid into one bowl. Pour in the rest of the liquid into the second bowl. Leave the last bowl as is.
- Pour in the blueberry cheesecake mixtures into the crust starting with the darkest one, finishing with the plain cheesecake mixture. Refrigerate for two to three hours. Decorate with blueberries and edible flowers if desired.