When you need a gift for someone, but you’re out of ideas, consider gift-of-the-month clubs.
These clubs have experienced a recent boom. You can now a find monthly gift of practically anything from vegan foods to kid crafts. It’s a unique idea that’ll be a surprise for both you and the recipient. Are you’re looking for a one-time gift? Don’t worry many subscription companies now offer monthly, quarterly, biannual, and even one-time packages.
Here are six types of monthly subscriptions that you should consider for Mindful Gifts:
- For the Book Lovers: Monthly book subscriptions through services like Just the Right Book make great gifts for the book lovers. Just answer a few questions about their preferences and experts will send hand-select books every month. And if you receive a book you’ve already read or don’t like you can return it. They offer books for babies, kids, teens, and adults. They even offer a summer reading subscription.
- For the Crafters. For someone who loves to create and make new things, consider giving them a monthly craft subscription. Whimseybox will send materials and instructions for a DIY craft project every month. Some of the projects include the “DIY Bookbinding Kit,” the “DIY String Art Kit,” and the “Leather Crafting Kit.” There’s also For the Makers, which will send materials every month for projects like the “Hester Travel Candle” and the “Nebula Paperweight.”
- For the Foodies: For the gourmet food-buff, consider giving them a treat from Love with Food. They offer things like gourmet hot fudge, cookies, and jellies. And for every product you buy, Love with Food will donate a meal to a food bank. If your friend is a coffee addict consider Craft Coffee. They send monthly boxes with three different roasts, enough for 42 cups of coffee. And if your friend is a vegan or vegetarian, consider Vegan Cuts. They offer a monthly vegan snack boxes filled with seven to ten vegan foods like vegan cheese, sweet potato chips, and caramel corn.
- For the Kids: For a gift that’s both educational and fun consider Green Kid Crafts. Each box comes with materials and instructions for a set of four eco-friendly crafts. These boxes are science related and have themes like “Dinosaurs,” “Feathered Friends,” and “Food Adventure.”
- For the Pet Lovers: For animal lovers consider monthly pet product subscriptions. Every month BarkBox sends packages filled with dog treats, toys, and hygiene products. They also donate 10 percent of the proceeds to animal shelters. There’s also Petsmart, which offers vet approved treats, toys, and grooming products for both cats and dogs. They also donate a portion of their profits to charities.
- For the Trendsetters. For the fashion lovers consider Birchbox. They offer monthly packages filled with high-end beauty products like fragrances, makeup, hair care products, tote bags, and jewelry. For trendy guys consider Trunk Club. They will send six to eight items (like jackets, sweaters, and shoes) that were specifically picked out by top stylists. Guys can try them on and return the ones they don’t like.