Chef Kendrick Dopp has a great summer recipe for you. It’s a yummy and healthy cajun grilled salmon dish you can do on the grill. It’s a perfect dinner for a summer day!
Salmon, if you didn’t know, is very good for you because of its excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals like potassium, selenium and vitamin B12. It is also rich in long-chain omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure and decrease risk factors for disease.
Cajun Grilled Salmon Recipe
- 3 cups (20+ oz) red potato wedges
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), halved
- 3/4 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, halved
- 1 cup mixed red and green bell peppers, diced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced or shallot minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 tsp cayenne red pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 2 green onions thinly chopped
- 1 medium lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Divide potatoes, salmon, shrimp, red and green peppers, garlic or shallot, and corn among four pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 18×12-inch rectangles).
- In separate small bowl, combine all powdered seasonings.
- Sprinkle dry seasonings all over each of the four pieces in foil.
- Drizzle olive oil over the season mixture.
- Squeeze lemon juice over top; place squeezed wedges in packets.
- Fold foil around mixture, sealing tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until the grilled salmon just begins to flake easily with a fork, shrimp turn pink and potatoes are tender.
- Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- Divide green onions into four parts and top each with with the onions and chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately.
See More Cooking for Love: