Color is a Language
Color is a language that affects your mind, body, and soul. Research shows color can trigger emotions, memories and change your mood. Color is a very powerful tool to shift your life to greater energy, power, and happiness. It’s time for an update, transformation, and maybe some innovation by adding some color to your life.
Color inspires creativity, changes your relationships, enhances your memory, and transforms your emotions.
Colors often have different meanings in various cultures. And even in Western societies, the meanings of various colors have changed over the years.
What Colors Your World?
Black is the color of authority and power. It is popular in fashion because it makes people appear thinner. It is also stylish and timeless.
Brides wear white to symbolize innocence and purity. White reflects light and is considered a summer color. White is popular in decorating and in fashion because it is light, neutral, and goes with everything.
The most emotionally intense color, red stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing. It is also the color of love. Red clothing gets noticed. Red can make you feel happy and exciting.
The most romantic color, pink, is more tranquilizing and associated with femininity, warmth, love, passion and sexuality. At the Mindful Living Network we are wearing Barbie Pink to support the immense power of this portrayal of women in the Barbie movie.
The color of the sky and the ocean, blue is one of the most popular colors. Peaceful, tranquil blue causes the body to produce calming chemicals, so it is often used in bedrooms. Fashion consultants recommend wearing blue to job interviews because it symbolizes loyalty. People are more productive in blue rooms. Studies show weightlifters can handle heavier weights in blue gyms.
Currently the most popular decorating color, green symbolizes nature. It is the easiest color on the eye and can improve vision. It is a calming, refreshing color. People waiting to appear on TV sit in “green rooms” to relax. Hospitals often use green because it relaxes patients. Brides in the Middle Ages wore green to symbolize fertility.
Cheerful sunny yellow is an attention getter. Yellow is considered an optimistic color. It is the most difficult color for the eye to take in, so it can be overpowering if overused. Yellow enhances concentration, hence its use for legal pads. It also speeds metabolism.
The color of royalty, purple connotes luxury, wealth, and sophistication. It is also feminine and romantic.
Solid, reliable brown is the color of earth and is abundant in nature. Wearing brown can make you feel and look grounded and confident.
Do Your Own 3-Step Color Evaluation
Become aware of the colors that surround you in all aspects of your daily life. Write down your observations so they are clear.
- Clothing. What colors do you love to wear? Research shows color can affect your mood. Try a new color with a purse, shoes or scarf?
- Home. Go through each room of your home. Do you love the colors in each room? Why have you used these colors?
- Office. What colors surround you as you work? A painting, chair or pillows can make a dramatic change of your mood at work.
- Garden-Yard. What colors are in your yard and garden? Did you choose your plant colors or did you inherit the color scheme? How do you feel about them?
- Body. What colors do you use on your fingernails and toes? Why not try some new bright color for fun?
- Spiritual practices. For many, the use of color enhances their spiritual practices. Many spiritual people believe there are chakras, seven colors, in the body that are associated with certain parts of the body. Some practice guided imagery with various colors, others wear beautiful beads, or a shawl and some practitioners use color to enhance their meditation and prayer spaces.
How does a particular color in a certain area make you feel? Take a risk. Make a change to see what effect a change of color has on your mood. Listen to others as they give you input about your mood and behavior.
Do you feel energized, happy or flat with your new colors? If you don’t feel energized and happy change the color again. The greatest thing about color is that it is fun and easily changed.