Spring has finally arrived and now it’s time to enjoy the warm weather from the comfort of your own yard. But before you plan your next garden party, remember to use these tips for your spring home makeover. Ready to start your spring home makeover?
Here are five tips that add spring style to your outdoor living space.
- A spring scrub. The best way to update a patio or deck is to give it a good spring-cleaning. To clean concrete flooring you can use a special solution or mild soapy water and a scrub brush. Clean your wooden furniture and floor with wood cleaning products. You can also clean plastic furniture with warm water and baking soda. With a little hard work your patio will look brand new.
- Update patio furniture and accessories. Welcome the spring season with new accessories. You can buy new spring pillows for the bench or colorful cushions for the chairs. For a table or side table consider adding a bright and weatherproof placemats, table runner, or tablecloth. For shade consider buying a vibrant or spring themed umbrella or canopy.
- Add bright light. For romantic spring nights, remember to update the lights in your outdoor living space. For an eclectic look consider hanging battery-powered origami lanterns. For a simple, rustic space put tea lights (candles or battery powered) in tinted mason jars. Or for a romantic feel add slipcovers to candles as a homemade lighting solution.
- Spring sprouts. To truly bring spring to patio or deck add flowers in decorative pots to your space. Snowdrops, hyacinths, and tulips are great for early spring blooms. For blooms that’ll last throughout spring and early summer consider petunias, lilies, or pansies.
- Colorful serving dishes. Last but not least, before entertaining in your newly decorated outdoor space, remember to invest in spring colored glasses and dishes. It will add extra flair to your beautiful garden party.
Bonus: Urban living. If you live in an apartment, consider using some of the same tips mentioned above to update your balcony area or consider adding plants and comfortable spring area around your window with the best view.