October is Stress Prevention Month. We are entering the stressful holiday season. We are approaching a time of seasonal stress but each day we are also living in a more stressful world.
Stress prevention month invites you to build stress resilience. Research shows stress affects your health – high blood pressure, weight gain, insomnia, and work problems (more absenteeism, lower productivity).
Research shows you can develop your stress resilience by engaging in some simple Renewal Rituals®. These Renewal Rituals® are simple and scientifically proven to reduce stress. Learn stress education for yourself, your family and your company.
How do Renewal Rituals help?
- Stress reduction
- Increased productivity and creativity
- Resets your mental and physical thermostat
- Creates resilience
5-Minute Renewal Rituals
- Meditation. Try a 5-minute meditation at the Mindful Living Network to relax and energize your brain.
- Breathe. Close your eyes, deeply inhale to the count of 1-2-3-4, exhale to the count of 1-2-3-4. Experience the oxygen cleansing your brain.
- Buddy system. Find a friend to share your life. Friends open your heart and reduce your stress.
- Eco-therapy. Get outside during your busy day. At work, walk around the building. At home, explore nature or play outside to lower stress and depression.
- Listen. Enjoy some music to relax and energize as you increase your serotonin levels.
- Laugh. Send oxygen to your brain and increases your artery diameter by 22 percent.
- Play. Exercise to produce endorphins and serotonin, the relaxing hormones. Get moving by taking a walk, trying a few minutes of yoga, tai chi, or chi gong.