This is my go-to recipe for a quick, nutritious lunch or dinner with my daughter, husband, or friends. Kale is loaded with rich nutrients and the tuna is a great source of Omega-3. Plus it had the lean protein you need. We love aged, rich balsamic vinegar, and our neighbor gives us local honey which helps boost the immune system.
Try out this delicious recipe.
(Salad for two)
- 1 bag of kale (I use a prepackaged, prewashed bag and then chop it up into smaller pieces)
- A packet of tuna (I use StarKist Extra Virgin Olive Oil Yellow Fin Tuna 2.6 oz package because it does not taste fishy and is in olive oil)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ cup balsamic (use your favorite rich, robust balsamic)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey (if you have a more bitter balsamic add more honey to taste)
- ½ tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese (add other cheese if you like, but it’s not necessary)
- Dice your kale into small pieces and put in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Dice your tomato and red pepper and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Make your dressing in your blender. Add your balsamic, olive oil, garlic, water, and honey and blend. Taste your dressing and season to taste. If you want your dressing a little sweeter add more honey.
- Pour the balsamic dressing over your chopped tomato and red pepper and let soak for a few minutes.
- Pour your tuna packet over your kale in the medium bowl and then add your dressing, tomato and red pepper mixture.
- Toss your salad and add shredded Parmesan if desired. Enjoy this yummy, healthy salad with some great bread or crackers.