Try this Simple Delicious Pasta Salad
Chef Kendrick Dopp has a great take on this simple and delicious pasta salad. It features orzo, tomatoes, artichokes and feta cheese. Topped with lemon zest, this recipe is refreshing and doesn’t require a ton of ingredients like some other pasta dishes. Plus, its very colorful with the tomato and artichokes.
You may be asking yourself what is orzo? Also known as risoni, orzo is Italian. While it looks similar to rice, it is a pasta not a grain, and is usually made from white flour, though it can be made from whole-grain flour as well. It is a form of short-cut pasta and is shaped like a large grain of rice. Orzo can be served alone; as a soup accompaniment; as part of a salad, a pilaf, or baked in a casserole.
Orzo, Tomato, Artichoke and Feta Salad
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup artichokes, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill (1 Tbsp dried dill)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta (6 ounces)
- 1/8 cup sliced marinated artichoke hearts
- Juice of 1/4 lemon, if need more zest or juice
- Toss together oil, tomatoes, dill, zest, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a large serving bowl
- Let stand at least ten minutes
- Meanwhile, cook orzo in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (1 1/2 tablespoons salt for 4 quarts water) until al dente
- Drain orzo and toss with tomato mixture
- Add feta and toss again
- Refrigerate until cool;
For best results, serve this Orzo, Tomato, Artichoke & Feta salad cooled or chilled.