Hanging stockings on the fireplace mantel is a lovely part of Christmas celebrations. Little tots may find their stockings filled with traditional trinkets like chocolates, toys, fruits, and possibly coal (for those who’ve been naughty). But wealthier individuals can afford to fill their stockings with gifts more luxurious than a few oranges.
Here are some over-the-top, fantasy stocking stuffers:
- Gift cards: They’re a great option because the recipients can freely choose their gifts and these cards fit snuggly in a stocking. Yet, for those looking for luxury can consider exclusive gift cards like the Starbucks Metal Card. It’s made of steel, comes with $400 credit, has gold level Starbucks benefits and there are only 5,000 of them.
- Cufflinks: They’re stylish; they dress-up a man’s attire, and they make a great stocking addition. For a luxurious pair, consider Jacob & Co. They make craft incredible cufflinks like a pair made from emerald cut canary diamonds worth $3.3 million.
- Hairclips: Barrettes are classic hair accessories, and some companies are offering updates of these timeless pieces. For instance, Kwiat jewelers offers a diamond and 18k white gold hairclip, perfect for a loved one’s stocking, worth $11,000.
- Keychains/rings: These accessories can easily be slipped into a stocking and you can find them at any store. For extravagance consider Tiffany’s $400 sterling silver heart locket keychain or the Zales $450 titanium and sterling silver key chain.
- Teddy bears: If a child has an extra-large stocking a teddy bear will make a sweet prize. For an eco-friendly, pricy option, many consider Bella Bear & Co. which makes their bears from recycled vintage fur coats. Their Silver Fox Bear costs $375.
- Cell phone cases: Techie teens will adore a protective smartphone case for Christmas. There are plenty of designs to choose from including Natural Sapphire Company’s $100,000 iPhone 5 case with 18kt white gold and 2,830 sapphires.
- Gloves: You can warm a loved one’s heart and hands with a thoughtful gift like gloves. These warm stocking stuffers can be quite luxurious too. For instance, Lanvin makes $1,555 leather gloves with fur trim.
- Socks: Giving socks for Christmas is a practical idea, though it’s hardly appreciated. If you desire to give socks as Christmas presents there are fashion forward socks to consider like Brunello Cucinelli $350 metallic cashmere-blend socks or Miu Miu’s $435 bead and sequined, black socks.