Are you planning an Independence Day party? Do you need some yummy recipes? Check out these patriotic-themed meals!
6 Patriotic Recipes for July 4th
- American flag 7-layer dip. Start your Independence Day party with a flag-shaped dip. Mariah’s Pleasing Plate’s recipe layers refried beans, hummus and taco seasoning, salsa, guacamole, and cheese in a clear dish. To make the flag design, place a handful of black bean in the corner of the dish. Then make the stripes with white cheese and sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Patriotic summer salad. Every 4th of July party needs a healthy salad recipe and this balsamic grilled cherry, blueberry, goat cheese, and candied hazelnut salad is perfect for Independence Day. You make the cherries by marinating them in a little balsamic dressing and placing them on a grill pan. You make the candied hazelnuts by baking them in an oven with brown sugar and water. The whole meal comes together with a bowl of mixed greens and lite balsamic dressing. You can find the recipe at Two Peas and Their Pod.
- Firecracker hot dogs. What’s Independence Day without firecrackers? Well, this recipe from Handmade in the Heartland will help you and your guests get into the holiday spirit. To make this recipe, put the hot dog of your choice on a skewer and spiral some refrigerated breadstick dough around the dogs. After you cook the skewered hot dog and allowed them time to rest, take slices of Colby cheese, cut them into stars with a cookie cutter, and add them to the top of each skewer. The final product is cute and yummy!
- Red, white, and blue slaw. Serve your firecracker hotdogs with a special 4th of July cole slaw. This slaw recipe contains cabbage, blueberries, red bell peppers, Granny Smith apples, and almonds, so it’s sweet and crunchy. The dressing contains mayo, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and honey, which gives the slaw a bit of a tangy flavor. For further instructions check out the recipe from Grounded and Surrounded.
- Red, white and blue potato salad. Never been a big fan of cole slaw? Try making potato salad instead. A recipe from Healthy Seasonal Recipes calls for red, purple, and yellow potatoes, which together creates a patriotic red, white, and blue dish. The potato salad also calls for bleu cheese, onion, red bell peppers, bacon, and parsley. For the sauce, you’ll need yogurt, mayo, and horseradish. You can find the recipe here.
- Fourth of July berry dessert pizza. Want a sweet and unique dessert you can share with your family? Try this sweet pizza recipe from the Butter Half. The pizza crust is made from sugar cookie dough and the “pizza sauce” is made from cream cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar, and lemon zest. The pizza is then topped with strawberries and blueberries for that classic red, white, and blue look. You’ll love it!
Bonus. Are you interested in serving special patriotic drinks at your Independence Day celebration? Check out these delicious red, white, and blue mocktails. They’re alcohol-free so the whole family can enjoy them.