This is one of our favorite summer salads of all time. It not only looks yummy and beautiful, but this salad is packed with rich nutrition. Avocados offer nearly 20 vitamins and minerals in every serving, including potassium helps control blood pressure, lutein is good for your eyes, and folate is crucial for cell repair. Avocados protect you against disease and infection. Tomatoes are loaded with vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K, and potassium. Tomatoes are heart healthy and help prevent cancer.
Swap out the veggies
If you have extra veggies in the fridge that need to be used, you can totally switch up this salad. Replace the cucumber with some sautéed zucchini or add in some chopped grilled asparagus. Replace the jalapeño with bell peppers for a milder, sweeter crunch or give it more of a Mediterranean vibe with oregano instead of cumin and some feta!
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 avocados, cubed
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 1/3 c. corn
- 1 jalepeño, minced (optional)
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, and cumin to make your dressing. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, combine avocados, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- Gently toss with dressing and serve.
We would like to thank Delish for this simple and yummy summer salad.