Feeling a bit stressed or worn out? Maybe it’s time to “treat yo’ self” to a little pampering. Try these eight budget-friendly tips for adding little luxuries to your daily life.
Who wouldn’t enjoy a little luxury pampering such as a spa day or a shopping trip? These treats can do wonders for your mood, but it’s not always practical for the average household. According to a recent study, the average American household has nearly $131,000 of debt, including nearly $16,000 of credit card debt. So, if extravagant items are out of your price range, consider mindful, inexpensive alternatives.
Treat Yo Self with these 8 Little Luxuries
- Fresh flowers and produce. Do you need to brighten up a room or lift your spirits? Buy a big bouquet of flowers. You can buy them pre-arranged or you can arrange them yourself (flower arranging can be rather relaxing). You can also try energizing your taste buds with fresh seasonal produce. It’s a small, delicious luxury.
- Special ice cubes. People usually serve ice cubes with flowers, berries, or herbs inside of them on special occasions, like weddings and baby showers. Create your own special ice cubes and make every day a special occasion. Be sure that you use edible, pesticide-free flowers, herbs, or berries.
- Bathroom updates. Turn your bathroom into a spa with a few simple changes. Upgrade your showerhead and get one with better pressure or you can buy a bathtub spa converter to add bubbles to your bath time. You’ll start looking forward to your bath time.
- Tailor your clothes. When your clothes fit you perfectly you look luxurious. Do you have clothes that are too big or slightly too long? Try having them professionally altered. It will give you confidence.
- New garments. A new outfit may be beyond your budget but consider other garments. Try buying fancy, new underwear or pajamas. Or buy a silky new house robe and a comfy new pair of slippers.
- Smell goods. Candles create a romantic atmosphere and they smell good too. Consider buying a bunch of uniquely shaped candles for a dramatic look. Also, try buying or making scented linen spray. Wearing new pajamas and sleeping in scented sheets will complete your luxury bedroom experience.
- Monthly gift boxes. Do you like surprises? Join a gift-of-the-month club! There are many different types of gift boxes to consider such as gourmet food, fashionable accessories, and literature boxes. Every month you’ll get fun little trinkets to enjoy.
- Buy luxury-themed items. Have a little fun and buy “fancy” everyday items. Try diamond-shaped ice cubes or a piggy bank in the shape of a gold bar. Even putting inexpensive perfumes in vintage perfume bottles can feel elegant.