Enjoy these hacks to help waste less food at home and save the Earth!
Recipes from the video:
Apple Butter Recipe
- 5 medium apples (cored, chopped roughly)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 Tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Stir everything together in a pot.
- Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours, or until apples have reduced. Your house will smell delicious and definitely get you into the fall spirit.
- Remove pot and let cool for 15 mins. Puree using immersion blender or regular blender.
- To thicken even more, return to the stove over low heat and let it reduce (an additional 30-60 mins works great)
- Serve warm.
- Store in the fridge for a few weeks. Freeze for a few months, thaw in the fridge before using.
Pumpkin Dog Treats Recipe
- ½ cup natural unsalted peanut butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 ¾ cup whole wheat or oat flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together your pumpkin and peanut butter
- Mix in flower ¼ cup at a time until it’s not a sticky dough.
- Roll out in between parchment papers and use a cookie cutter to cut out the shapes.
- Bake for 8-10 mins. Cool completely
- Store in an airtight container for a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Video by Mind Over Munch
Want more gardening info? We’ve got it right here.