In this video brought to you by BRIGHT SIDE you’ll learn a Japanese method to help you relax in 5 minutes or less. While a certain amount of stress in our lives is normal, excessive stress can interfere with normal daily activities and take a toll on our personal lives and health. Bright Side invites you to try an ancient Japanese technique of self-relaxation that will not take you more than 5 minutes and can be done just about anywhere.
This Japanese healing technique is known as The Jin Shin Jyutsu. The practice is believed to balance and harmonize the body’s energy to instantly relieve stress and anxiety. As per one of the studies, when the acupressure technique was followed daily for one month, the participants showed an increase in gratitude, motivation, and calmness. They also saw a significant decrease in anger, resentfulness, depression, and other stress red flags.
How to do Jin Shin Jyutsu?
To practice the technique, one has to first understand that each of the fingers represents a different feeling or attitude.
- Thumb: This finger helps to combat emotions like anxiety and worry
- Index: It helps to tackle fear
- Middle: Helps to take care of anger and resentment
- Ring: This finger helps to fight depression and sadness and encourage decisiveness
- Pinky: The pinky finger helps us to be calm and increase optimism as well as confidence
Check out the video to learn more!