Let’s celebrate September’s National Mushroom Month. This is the best sautéed mushrooms recipe to put over any fish, tofu, or meat. It’s also a great side dish to any meal. Sautéed mushrooms are a treasure chest of rich nutrition. They protect you from cardiovascular disease, reduce inflammation, and give you an immune boost. They are also loaded with B12.
Sautéed Mushrooms Recipe
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. red cooking wine
- 1 tbsp. teriyaki sauce, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir mushrooms, garlic, cooking wine, teriyaki sauce, garlic salt, and black pepper in the hot oil and butter until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 8 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy your delicious sautéed mushrooms!