If you are looking for a delicious, vegetarian recipe, why not try meatless chicken Parmesan? It is low fat and loaded with protein, lycopene, and antioxidants. It’s also very simple to make.
This meal is full of tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers, and olive oil, all of which offer nutritional benefits to your diet. Vitamin C and vitamin A can be found in tomatoes and these nutrients promote better vision and help you heal faster. Onions and red bell peppers are also full of vitamin C. Garlic has lots of manganese and vitamin B6, which is important for healthy hair and strong bones, among other things. And olive oil is full of vitamin E and vitamin K, which can help prevent cataracts and blood clots.
Are you feeling hungry yet? This meal takes less than 30 minutes to prepare, and you can definitely stretch your budget with this recipe. It is affordable, and the ingredients are things you would find around your home, in most cases. This recipe services six and it will take an hour for the dish to bake in the oven.
Meatless Chicken Parmesan
- 4 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons of garlic
- 1 chopped red pepper
- Crazy Jane’s Mixed Up salt (to taste)
- Box of spaghetti noodles
- 2 jars of tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons of sugar (to taste)
- 2 cups of parmesan cheese
- 6 slices of mozzarella cheese or shredded cheese
- 6 Boca Chick’n Patties (meat substitute)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9×13 dishpan with cooking spray or use butter.
- In a 5 qt. Dutch oven pan over a stove, add olive oil, onion, garlic, and red pepper. Cook for five minutes.
- Shake Crazy Jane’s Mixed Up Salt over this mixture. Sauté until soft and caramelized.
- Add 2 jars of tomato sauce, stir-in and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Use the sugar to taste.
- Boil the spaghetti according to box directions and drain.
- Put the spaghetti in the dishpan.
- Cover the spaghetti with half of the sauce.
- Place the Chick’n patties on top and add the slices of mozzarella or shredded cheese.
- Pour the remainder of the sauce in the pan.
- Add the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes.