Pumpkin season is here so why not take advantage of this nutritious and delicious fruit. This chocolate pumpkin cheesecake it’s a perfect fall treat. Pumpkin packs a valuable nutrient punch. It is rich in vitamins and minerals and low in calories. Pumpkin is loaded with beta-carotene which can reduce the risk of developing cancer, help protect you against heart disease and promote healthy aging by delaying body degeneration.
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 3 (8-oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
FOR THE OREO CRUST
- 24 whole Oreos
- 6 tbsp. melted butter
- FOR SERVING
- 1/4 c. chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 c. caramel sauce
- Whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350º and position an oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Make cheesecake: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin pure, eggs, sugars, sour cream, vanilla, flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt and beat until combined and no clumps remain. Set aside.
- Make crust: In a large resealable plastic bag or a food processor fitted with a metal blade, crush or blend Oreos until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl and pour in melted butter. Stir until crumbs are completely coated and moist.
- Grease an 8″ spring form pan with cooking spray and double wrap the outside of the pan in aluminum foil. Press Oreo mixture into pan and 1/3 of the way up the sides, packing tightly.
- Pour cheesecake filling over crust and place pan in a baking dish. Place on oven rack and pour in enough boiling water to reach halfway up the pan. Bake until cheesecake is slightly jiggly in the center, 1 hour 15 minutes. Turn oven off, prop open oven door, and let cheesecake cool in oven, 1 hour. Remove pan from water and unwrap foil. Refrigerate cheesecake until totally chilled, at least 4 hours and up to overnight. When ready to serve, drizzle cheesecake with melted chocolate and caramel. Serve with whipped topping, if desired.
We would like to thank Delish for this amazing fall recipe.