Join Chef Kendrick Dopp on our new show Cooking for Love featured on the Mindful Living Network. Try this simple and tasty pecan brittle recipe.
- 1 ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Butter a baking sheet.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and salt in a glass 4-cup measuring cup.
- Heat in microwave for 3 minutes;
- Stir in pecans and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add butter and vanilla extract into pecan mixture ; and heat for 1 more minute. …
- Add baking soda and stir until foamy.
- Pour bubbling pecan mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Shake to spread the mixture out. It solidifies fast!
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Once cool, break into pieces for serving.
Recipe makes 8-10 servings.