Join Chef Kendrick Dopp on our new show Cooking for Love and try this wonderful and easy to make artichoke dip. It’s a perfect snack to tide you over before dinner. Not a fan of artichokes? Well, check out our other dips.
Artichokes, according legend, were created when the Greek god Zeus turned his object of affection into a thistle after being rejected. In the past the artichoke has been considered an aphrodisiac, a diuretic, a breath freshener, and even a deodorant. Because of their tough exterior, artichokes take some careful preparation, but it’s well worth the hard work because not only are they are a good source of folate, dietary fiber, and vitamins C and K, but they are also packed with antioxidants.
We hope you enjoy this easy artichoke dip recipe:
Easy Artichoke Dip
- 2 cans artichokes, roughly chopped
- 2 cups mayo (the good stuff! No diet!)
- 2 cloves garlic smashed, mashed, minced
- 2 tiny little cans green chilies (Goya)
- 1 tiny small can pimentos (from stuffed olives) drained, diced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Hard shake of red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into greased baking dish
- Top with a little more parmesan.
- Bake at 350 till bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- Serve with crackers, toast, garlic toast or Tostitos.