This colorful, healthy carrot salad makes the perfect start to any summer meal. The Green Goddess dressing melts in your mouth while the carrots lend a sweet flavor to this salad. Carrots are loaded with vitamin A, antioxidants, and other nutrients. Studies suggest that eating more antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables, such as carrots, can help reduce the risks of cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- 1 lb. slim baby carrots, trimmed and cut lengthwise in half (or in quarters if large)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, leaves separated and torn
Green Goddess Dressing
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 4 anchovies or 2 tsp. anchovy paste
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic
- Pinch of sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. loosely packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 c. packed fresh basil
- 3 tbsp. fresh tarragon
- 2 tbsp. snipped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 425°F. On large rimmed baking sheet, toss carrots with olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Roast 20 to 25 minutes or until crisp-tender and edges are slightly caramelized; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare Green Goddess Dressing:
- In blender, puree buttermilk, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, anchovies or anchovy paste, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, pinch sugar, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add parsley, basil, tarragon and chives; pulse until herbs are finely chopped. Makes about 2 cups; can be refrigerated up to 1 week.
- To serve, arrange carrots over lettuce. Drizzle with dressing.
We would like to thank Good Housekeeping for this heavenly salad.