Creating Your Bucket List is Essential
Life is short and there is so much we all want to accomplish before we leave this planet. Typically, bucket lists can be a bit random, filled with career goals and travel plans. Why not add goals to accomplish your purpose, create balance in your life, and ensure that you grow stronger spiritually, mentally, and physically, as you get older?
Each bucket list is unique. Attending famous music festivals, skydiving, bungee jumping, traveling to continents, or going on an epic road trip across the country are just a few popular choices. These activities are fun, but for a meaningful bucket list consider adding more meaning to your journeys.
Bucket List Ideas
- Learn something new. Whether it’s an instrument, a language, or a sport learning something new can expand your horizons both mentally and physically. Be sure to include a few learning activities on your bucket list. You can learn something as simple as juggling or as complex as flying a plane.
- Push your physical limits. Your body is amazing—you’ll never know what you can achieve when you push your body to the limit. Activities like running a marathon, completing a triathlon, taking self defense class, kayaking, and fencing will help your body grow stronger and more flexible. And by adding lots of physical activities to your bucket list you can also stay healthy and prolong your life.
- Get creative. A creative soul lies within each of us, but it is up to us to find it. Including a creative activity on your bucket list will ensure that you express yourself with art and look after your spirit and soul. Writing a book or a song are common activities, but don’t forget to think outside the box. Try writing or photo journal for 365 days. Also, consider unique creative project like glassblowing, filming your own documentary, making your own chocolate, or making your own perfume.
- Free yourself. A meaningful bucket list can help you find freedom. Add different freeing activities for your list of goals. Free your body by going skinny dipping or a relaxing break at a natural hot spring. Participate in a poetry slam or go to a health retreat. Free your mind by unplugging from technology on a regular basis or completing your book bucket list.
- Experience a moment of bliss. Our lives are meant to be enjoyed. The activity “create blissful moments” should definitely be on your to-do list. And to achieve such moments you can try connecting with nature, connecting with animals, or connecting with yourself through meditation. With this, you’ll find inner peace and happiness.