Completing This Year and Creating The Next
It is the end of another year of your life. Before jumping into the next year why not dedicate time to reflect on the last 12 months of your life. This is a great process to do with your partner, family, and friends. Share your yearly reflections with others and get their input. Our family has been doing this end of year practice for many years. I have kept a folder with our answers to these questions for decades. It is fun to look at past years together. Throughout the new year a buddy system helps you focus on your intentions for the upcoming year and keep on track. Yearly reflections of the past year can inform and inspire you as you create your intentions and goals for the New Year.
Completing Last Year:
- What was your biggest achievement?
- What was your biggest loss?
- What was the smartest decision you made?
- What one word best sums up and describes your experience of the last year?
- What was the greatest lesson you learned?
- What are you most happy about completing?
- Who were the three people that had the greatest impact on your life?
- What was the biggest risk you took?
- What was the biggest surprise?
- What important relationship improved the most?
Creating The Next Year:
- What would you like to be your biggest achievement in the upcoming year?
- What is the major effort you are planning to improve your financial situation?
- What would you be most happy about completing?
- What would you most like to change about yourself?
- What do you think your biggest risk will be?
- What about your work, are you most committed to changing and improving?
- What brings you the most joy? How are you going to do or have more of that?
- What one word would you like to have as your theme?