Studies show that optimism can affect your health and how long you live. Repeating positive affirmations throughout your day actually reduces stress and creates health.
A study at the University of California, Los Angeles shows that students that were repeating positive affirmations when they were stressed actually produced less stress hormones. When a person repeats a positive thought that affirms a value they believe, the person experiences less stress and creates greater health.
You can decrease your negative stress, help improve your immune response and develop better coping skills by creating your own positive affirmation to say when during your busy stressful days.
Positive Thinking Tips
- If you are religious or spiritual repeat some form of scripture or saying you like and that makes you feel calm and happy.
- Some examples of positive affirmations:
- I am in control
- I am protected and guided
- Everything is as it should be
- I am grateful for my life