Just push the “EASY” button for this delightful dinner. A frying pan is the secret to this super simple and delicious dish. Zucchini contains zero fat and is high in water and fiber. It also contains significant amounts of vitamins B6, riboflavin, folate, C, and K, and minerals, like potassium and manganese. This summer squash also contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients. Garlic’s antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties have been well studied. Studies show garlic helps prevent and heal heart disease and reduces the risk of upper digestive tract cancers along with many other health benefits.
- 1 1/2 lb. shelled, deveined shrimp
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 3/4 c. white wine
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. linguine, cooked
- 1/4 c. pasta cooking water
- 2 tsp. lemon peel, grated
- Chopped parsley, for serving
- Cook shrimp in oil 3 minutes or until cooked through, turning once. Transfer shrimp to plate.
- To skillet, add zucchini, garlic, and butter. Cook 3 minutes. Add white wine and salt; cook 2 minutes, stirring and scraping. Toss vegetables with shrimp linguine, pasta cooking water, lemon peel, and parsley.
We would like to thank Good Housekeeping for this delicious recipe.