This easy, healthy, low calorie recipe will earn you accolades with friends and family. You can substitute your favorite fish or add some vegetables you really love.
Swordfish has a high omega-3 fatty acid content. Omega-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties and can help your blood pressure, heart, and brain function. Swordfish may help you sleep and help insomnia because this fish has a high level of magnesium. Magnesium enhances the quality and length of your sleep.
Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, are an excellent source of protein which helps prevents diabetes, and benefits in weight loss. The remarkable benefits of chickpeas include the prevention of heart disease, stabilization of blood pressure, and lowers the risk of chronic diseases.
- 3 lg. ears corn, husked
- 1 lb. swordfish steak, skinned and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1/4 lb. zucchini, sliced
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- Kosher salt
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas
- 1/2 c. packed mint, chopped
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Heat grill to medium-high. Grill corn 12 minutes or until charred in spots, turning.
- Thread swordfish steak onto 8 soaked bamboo skewers. Brush fish and zucchini with canola oil; sprinkle with chili powder and salt. Grill fish and zucchini 6 minutes or until fish is opaque, turning once.
- Cut corn off cobs, chop zucchini and toss with chickpeas, mint, lime juice, oil, and salt.
- IDEA: Serve with kebabs.
We would like to thank Good Housekeeping for this savory dish.