This is a fun, easy, delicious recipe packed with protein and flavor. We officially declare shaved asparagus ribbons as the new zoodles. Quinoa is considered a super food and also a super grain. It contains more protein than any other grain while also packing lots of iron and potassium. It’s also a great source of fiber, many minerals and vitamins including Vitamin B6.
Asparagus is packed with antioxidants and contains powerful health benefits. It helps fight cancer, is anti-aging, gets you slim and is a great brain food.
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, rinsed
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- 1 c. quinoa
- 1/2 c. tahini
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. honey or agave
- 1 c. packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 lb. thick asparagus
- 1/4 c. shelled pistachios, chopped
- In bowl, combine chickpeas, lemon zest, lemon juice and pinch each salt and pepper.
- Let sit 20 minutes or refrigerate overnight, then drain.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa per package directions and season with pinch salt.
- In blender, puree tahini, lime juice, honey, mint, 1/2 cup water and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth, adding additional water if needed; set aside.
- With vegetable peeler, shave asparagus into ribbons, peeling from woody end toward tip.
- In bowl, combine cooked quinoa, asparagus ribbons and marinated chickpeas.
- Sprinkle with pistachios and drizzle with tahini dressing before serving.
We would like to thank Good Housekeeping for this delightful recipe.