It’s fall and that means ‘pumpkin recipe’ time of year. Yum!!!
This recipe is loaded with nutritious ingredients. For instance, pumpkin packs an immune boost, is rich in beta carotene and antioxidants and this fights cancer. Plus, cinnamon reduces your blood pressure and helps with brain function. Even better, walnuts are loaded with omega 3’s which are great for your brain, stress, depression and your immune system.
Libby’s Pumpkin Bread
- 3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt\
- 1 tsp. each nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c. each granulated sugar and packed brown sugar
- 1 c. oil
- 2 c. canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. each raisins and nuts (optional)
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Add the sugars, mixing well.
- Mix dry ingredients with the oil and pumpkin, stirring until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending thoroughly. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9 1/2 x 5 1/4-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Place on wire rack to cool.