It’s the end of summer and we are enjoying the bountiful harvest of delicious fruits. Choose your favorite fruits such as peaches, blueberries, or blackberries. This is a great time to use these timely jewels for a yummy simple cobbler. Fruit is loaded with antioxidants and have a host of health benefits.
Enjoy this delicious cobbler with a scoop of yummy ice cream for a healthy dessert or maybe even for a special breakfast treat!
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 cups fresh berries or fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter and put in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Mix flour, sugar, and milk in a bowl; pour batter over melted butter.
- Sprinkle fruit over batter.
- Bake in the oven for one hour.
You can also put your cobbler mixture in tiny/small serving containers for a yummy treat for one. That way later you can just pull one from the freezer. Heat it up with a scoop of ice cream. It’s nutritious and delicious.