Yoga has been around for thousands of years. After a long day at work yoga is a great way to free your body, mind, and spirit. Yoga is not only a healthy addition to your daily routine; it can also be the primary focus of your next vacation. There are yoga retreats around the world that will truly help you relax and rejuvenate the way a vacation should. So what exactly is a yoga vacation? These yoga retreats are about being one with yourself and your surroundings. They usually include yoga classes, meditation sessions, seminars, and other possible outings like nature walks. These retreats can last anywhere from one weekend to a year. The types of yoga retreats vary and can be found at different exotic locations around the world. Some are based within spas and others are a bit more rustic.
If you’re looking for a spa-like yoga retreat, then here are three great ideas:
- Les Passeroses in Nonac, France has yoga events from May to October and therapy sessions like Swedish massages and hot stones.
- The Tides in Zihuatanejo, Mexico has luxurious accommodations. You can sign up for yoga sessions, cooking classes, cultural excursions and surfing.
- The Standard in Miami offers yoga workshops, hydrotherapy, acupuncture, and hotel suites.
The following three retreats offer great rustic yoga vacations:
- The Yoga Farm in Punta Banco, Costa Rica believes in sustainable, healthy living. You’ll get yoga sessions, vegetarian meals, and water from a local spring.
- The Sagrada Wellness Center in California offers yoga retreats as well as hikes, horseback riding, dancing classes.
- The Yasodhara Ashram in Kootenay Bay, Canada you can take yoga classes and get your yoga teaching certificate.
If none of these vacation spots seem up you alley then try asking your local yoga center. Sometimes local instructors will organize a cheap yoga retreat at other locations. No matter what you choose you’ll definitely return home refreshed and centered.