You will create warm smiles and likely many compliments when you bake this yummy pumpkin bread for those you love. There’s an extra health benefit too, as pumpkin packs a valuable nutrient punch. It’s rich in vitamins and minerals plus low in calories. Pumpkin is loaded with beta-carotene which can reduce the risk of developing cancer, help protect you against heart disease and promote healthy aging by delaying body degeneration.
- 1/2 c. butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 1 c. plus 2 tablespoons flour, divided, plus more for dusting pan
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. pumpkin purée
- 1 c. plus 3 tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 sour cream
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, divided
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350º and butter and flour a 9″-x-5″ loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine pumpkin, 1 cup sugar, melted butter, sour cream, 1 egg and 1 egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry and fold until completely combined.
- Make cream cheese filling: In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese and remaining egg, 2 tablespoons flour, and 3 tablespoons sugar. Transfer half the pumpkin batter to prepared pan. Dollop cream cheese filling on top and smooth in an even layer with a spatula. Top evenly with remaining pumpkin batter.
- Bake until deeply golden and a toothpick comes out clean, 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
We would like to thank Delish for these yummy recipe.