With these gorgeous summer weather, who has the time to make dinner? If you’re looking for a quick, healthy dish to serve to your family, consider a cheesy quiche recipe. This spinach quiche has bell peppers, and fresh herbs. It’s yummy and healthy.
The Health Benefits of Spinach
Our bodies crave leafy greens like spinach. Spinach contains many vitamins and nutrients, including vitamin K and vitamin A, which reduces stress. Spinach research shows that eating your greens can help reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure. You can also eat spinach to reduce your risk of age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
If you want to include more spinach in your family’s diet this holiday, consider this recipe from Taste of Home.
Cheesy Spinach Quiche
(Adapted from Taste of Home)
- 1 tube (8 ounces) of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup of half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Dash pepper
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal seams. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, sauté red bell pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- In another small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in the bell pepper mixture. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Bonus. Looking for other spinach recipes? Try this spinach salad. It has strawberries and a honey balsamic vinaigrette. Or consider making a spinach and feta cheese strata dish. A strata is a bread-based casserole made with eggs and milk or cream—it’s delicious.