Chef Kendrick has some yummy Cinco de Mayo surprises! Watch as she shows how to make fish tacos that are easy and healthy. She also makes a beautiful and tasty virgin sangria. The fish tacos are great for a dinner party, get together, nightly dinner or Cinco de Mayo fiesta!p Cut recipe in half for a dinner for two. Have fun with one! The sangria is delicious, beautiful, fresh, and a great substitute for regular sangria. The red sparkling grape juice provides a great color and tannic taste that resembles red wine. The apples, oranges, lemons and limes also make a big difference as they add tanginess, texture and color. Your guests will love it.
Fish Taco Recipe for Cinco de Mayo
- 6 Tilapia filets
- 6 toasted tortillas
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small tomato, diced, seeded membranes removed
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt – to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- squeeze few drops of lime juice to taste
- (optional) a few drops of Sriracha or sprinkles of cayenne for hea
Fish Taco Toppings:
- 1/4 small green or purple cabbage, for topping fish
- serve with 1 lime, cut in small wedges
- optional: serve with shredded cheese
- optional: serve with 1 chopped avocado
- optional: Chopped cilantro for topping before serving
- Sprinkle both sides of the fish with same spices as above. Let fish rest in coriander, cumin, salt and pepper.
- The longer fish marinates, the better the flavor. Can season and let sit overnight in fridge for even better flavor.
- Sauté fish in a hot oiled pan, with 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil, over medium high heat to get a golden brown color on both sides.
- Cook about 3 minutes one side, flip, then sauté about 2 minutes.
- Place shredded cabbage in the middle of each toasted flour tortilla, place one cooked filet on top of each cabbage stack, then top fish with the spiced sour cream mixture.
- Can also add chopped avocado for more flavor and texture, and top with cheese if desired. Enjoy!
Virgin Sangria Recipe
- 1 apple, finely chopped
- One lime, cut in slices
- 1 lemon, cut in slices
- 1 orange, cut in slices
- fresh mint
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup cranberry
- 3 cups red sparkling grape juice
- Fresh raspberries, the juicer the better
- Plenty of ice
- If no sparkling juice, then add 1 cup of chilled sparkling water, and an additional 1/2 cup of grape juice, to keep it from being watered down.
- Finely chop the apples, leaving their outside skin on. Slice the lime, lemon, and orange, (peeled)
- Use a large glass or crystal pitcher. Drop the chopped fruit into the bottom of the pitcher
- Top with orange juice, cranberry juice, sparkling red grape juice, and sparkling water if needed. Stir well.
- Place in the refrigerator for a few hours or over night. The longer it sits, the better it tastes. Time allows the flavors to meld together.
For serving, use a beautiful high ball glass. Fill each one with ice, decorate with a sprig of mint, and pour the sangria in. Serve immediately. Use some cute festive cocktail napkins to absorb condensation on the glasses. Place on a large tray or serving tray with napkins on one side and drinks on the other. Guests can help themselves. Enjoy!