Reduce your stress and alter your life by engaging your sense of smell!
With aromatherapy you can use fragrant essential oils to improve your health, your mood and reduce stress. To relieve headaches brought on by stress, consider rubbing two to three drops of the essential oils into your temples. Or consider making fragrant herbal teas that you can drink and whiff in order to relieve stress. You can take a bath with fragrant oils to relax at the end of the day. Or you can use oils to freshen the air in your home and help relieve stress.
Looking for Mindful stress relief? Here are eight essential oils that may help:
- Basil Oils: Basil is a plant that is native to India and has an earthy, herbal, and sometime licorice-like scent. Also, basil oil can help relieve stress and fatigue. This oil has also been said to relieve pain, nausea, and motion sickness.
- Chamomile Oils: Chamomile is a common plant that is associated with stress relief. It’s native of Europe, specifically southern and eastern Europe. This sweet plant smells similar to apples. This oil has anti-inflammatory properties. It’s also used to promote sleep as well as relieve stress and tension.
- Eucalyptus Oils: Eucalyptus is a plant that originated from Australia and has a minty fragrance. This oil is great for relieving stress, but that’s not all that it does. Eucalyptus can also increase energy, brainwave activity (by reducing mental fatigue), and relieve muscle and joint pain.
- Jasmine Oils: Jasmine is a native plant of Asia and it has a floral, slightly fruity scent. This oil has therapeutic properties that include relaxing nerves and muscles. Jasmine can also help relieve stress and lift depression.
- Lavender Oils: Lavender is native to the mountain areas of the Mediterranean and has a fresh, floral scent. This oil is known for helping to reduce stress, calming restlessness, and relieving insomnia. Lavender oil can help improve mental focus and it can also help with loss of appetite.
- Peppermint Oils: The peppermint plant is a cross between water mint and spearmint plant and is native to Europe. Peppermint oil has been used to relieve stress and stress symptoms like tension headaches and irritable bowel syndrome. This oil can also clear congestion and relief congestion.
- Rose Oils: There is said to be over 100 different rose species. Rose essential oil, made from the extract of rose petals, has a sweet floral fragrance. This essential oil has been known to sooth skin conditions. It may also relieve stress and nervous tension.
- Vanilla Oils: Vanilla was originally found in Mexico, Central America, and South America areas. Vanilla has a comforting scent that can help reduce stress and relieve headaches. It can also help enhance people’s moods and improve their cognitive performance.