Fitness Apps Help Your Physical and Mental Health
The pandemic is keeping most of us sequestered in our homes these days. We all need to exercise our minds and bodies. Exercise gives you resilience to help fight off disease by boosting your immune system. Exercising stimulates your body’s natural stress defenses, helping your body produce endorphins to boost your mood. Exercises can also help improve cognitive function and help keep you focused. If you need to exercise more, there are plenty of great apps out there that help you stay physically and mentally healthy. Stay happy and healthy by using the exercise apps listed below.
Great Exercise Apps To Fight Colds, the Flu and COVID
- Tai chi. Tai chi can help you focus on your breathing techniques, which is great for relieving stress and staying healthy overall. To reap the benefits consider an app called Tai-Chi. Tai-Chi offers basic techniques and postures as well as a history video. It also offers music and nature sounds for relaxation. This Tai-Chi app is available for iPhones and Android phones.
- Biking. Riding your bike instead of driving your car is not only great for the environment; it’s also great for your health. To keep motivated consider the biking app MapMyRide. This app uses GPS tracking to record your route. And this app also offers stats on calorie burning, distance, and speed. MapMyRide is available for both iPhones and Android phones.
- Running. If you’re looking for an app that will inspire you to get more fresh air consider a running app like RunKeeper. RunKeeper uses GPS to map your route and records your pace, distance, time, heart rate, and calories burned. As you run the app also gives coaching tips through the headphones. Interested? RunKeeper is available for both iPhones and Android phones.
- Yoga. Increase your flexibility and relieve your stress with yoga apps. Consider the Pocket Yoga app, which comes with three different difficulty levels and an index of 150 yoga poses. Missed your latest yoga class? This app comes with 27 yoga sessions and music to help you meditate to relieve stress. Pocket Yoga is available for iPhones and Android phones.
- Weight training. Lifting weights are a great way to tone and strengthen your muscles. If you’re thinking about using apps to help with your weight training consider apps like BodyFit. It has over 200 exercise examples (complete with illustrations and instructions) as well as timers and workout calendars. This app is available for iPhones.