Too much desserts aren’t a good thing, but some days we all deserve a special treat. These mini cheesecakes bites topped with fresh fruits are certain to please as well as make mouth’s drool a little!
You can buy a mini cheesecake pan, however using a muffin tin will work just as well. You can even make the cheesecakes stretch a little further by using a mini muffin tin – this will basically double your cheesecake yield by making them half the size. One good idea is to use foil liners in the muffin tin. It makes for a much easier clean up and makes taking the cheesecakes out after cooking so much easier. This recipe uses vanilla wafers as the vase, but you could also use Oreos, Thin Minutes, or your favorite round cookie. Also, they don’t necessarily need to be crushed for the base – just placing one in the bottom ad pouring the batter on top works just as well (and it’s very hard to tell if the cookie was crushed or not while eating the cheesecake!).
These mini cheesecakes can be topped with everything from strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, kiwis, and cherries to chocolate sauce, caramel, pudding or whipped cream. Plus, if it’s winter or you don’t have fresh fruit on-hand you can use either canned pie filling.
Everyone loves cheesecake. Try this mini cheesecake recipe – you won’t be disappointed. They’re easy and so delicious!! Plus, these mini cheesecakes bites are the perfect dessert to bring along to any party!
Mini Cheesecake Bites Recipe
- 12 Vanilla Wafers or other hard cookies such as graham cookies
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- fruit or other toppings as desired for your mini cheesecake bites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a mini muffin pan with 18 liners.
- Crush cookies until you have 1/3 cup crumbs. Add melted butter & mix well
- Place 1 teaspoon in each cup and press down.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, almond extract and egg. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Place cream cheese mixture in a Ziploc bag and snip off the corner. Evenly fill each well.
- Bake 15 minutes or until set. Remove mini cheesecake bites from oven, cool completely and top with desired toppings.