Wake up to a tasty frozen yogurt treat to springboard your morning. Peaches are low in calories and packed with numerous health benefits including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium, beta-Carotene and many additional minerals, and vitamins. Peaches are a great source of antioxidants and vitamin C which is required for the building of connective tissue of the human body. Foods rich in vitamin C help you develop resistance against infections and also to eliminate harmful free radicals that cause certain cancers. Vitamin A is known to protect you from lung and oral cancers.
Greek yogurt is an excellent source of calcium, which helps improve bone health. It also contains probiotics which support a healthy bacterial balance in the GI tract and is a great source of protein. Eating greek yogurt may be associated with lower blood pressure and a lower risk of type 2 diabetes.
- 2/3 c. vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 small ripe peaches, chopped (about 1 1/2 c.)
- 1/4 c. raspberries, halved
- 1/2 c. granola
- In blender, puree yogurt, honey and three-fourths of peaches until smooth.
- Distribute raspberries and remaining peaches among 6 to 8 ice pop molds.
- Fill each mold with about 1/4 cup yogurt mixture, tapping to distribute, leaving 1/2″ unfilled. Top with granola.
- Freeze until solid, 6 to 8 hours
We would like to thank Good Housekeeping for this yummy, summery recipe.