Are you tired of the gloomy days, short days with little sunlight, heavy thick clothes, and being sequestered in your home. Don’t worry those days are over, its time to say hello sunshine and breathe the spring in the air! It is time to open the windows, shed our heavy winter clothes and get outside.
Here are a few ways to let the sunshine into your life this spring season:
A new look for YOU:
- On the Outside. you can have a new burst of energy just by changing your look, a lot or just a little bit. Maybe a new haircut, a new hair color. There are new spring colors that can brighten up your look. It does not have to be expensive. Maybe a new scarf, shoes, or purse. For men, how about a new tie with the new spring colors, or fun bright socks.
- On the Inside. It’s a great time to feel better or get in shape. Each day the days are warmer and have more light. The flowers begin to pop out and the trees begin to get their spring leaves. Get outside and walk each day. Get a group in your neighborhood, walk with coworkers or walk with your family each night after dinner. It’s invigorating and gets you excited about spring.
A new look for your home:
- The Power of Color. A little color: adding a little color to your home is fun and brings life into your home. Paint an accent wall in each room of your home. It is inexpensive and makes a real change. Add some bright colorful throw pillows on the couches or your bed.
- change to a bright colored china or accent salad plates or glasses. They are inexpensive at Target Kmart or Costco.
- Brighten up your home and create a new look. They are now available in pre done colors that are not wood and do not need painted.
- Window Boxes. Window boxes or flower pots on your front porch or steps.
- Your Yard. Get a sheet of paper and start planning how to add color to your yard. Plant some annuals for bright color and a pick me up.
- Closet/drawers. As you bring out your spring/summer clothes, give away your winter clothes you are tired of or don’t fit. This opens up your storage areas and makes you feel better.
- Garage and outside storage areas. Get the family together and everyone help clean out an outside storage area. It will make everyone feel better and throughout the spring and summer when you need tools and other equipment you will know exactly where it is.
- Become aware of the birds. Put up a bird feeder, get some field glasses, binoculars, and have fun with your family, or birders, and enjoy the vast variety of these magnificent birds.
Plants/flowers. Look around you at what is blooming. What colors do you see? What do you want to plant in your own yard? Immerse yourself into nature and she will love you back