Looking for a refreshing salad to satisfy your hunger. Try this Mindful broccoli salad recipe with soy bacon. It is incredibly nutritious and full of yummy flavor.
Broccoli is a great superfood that tastes good in salads and soups. It’s a great source of vitamin C and vitamin K. Studies show us that broccoli stimulates your immune system, reduces your risk of cancer, and even reduces tumor size. Red peppers are loaded with antioxidants, especially vitamin C and vitamin A. These peppers can reduce inflammation and can potentially reduce your cancer risk.
Red onions are also full of vitamin C, as well as fiber. Plus, these onions are good for your immune system. This salad also has almonds, which is full of vitamin E, vitamin B2, and manganese. This nut is known to lower your cholesterol, reduce your risk of heart disease, protect you against diabetes, and lowers your risk of weight gain. Adding soy bacon bits adds some savory flavor, and it’s healthier than traditional bacon.
This broccoli salad recipe is really simple to make. You can find the instructions listed below.
Broccoli Salad With Soy Bacon
For the salad
- 1 bag of broccoli slaw (if you want to use a broccoli head, I recommend blanching the floret first and chilling the broccoli in a cold water bath. Chop up half a head of red cabbage for color. Toss the vegetables together.)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 6 slices of soy bacon (try brands like Lightlife Smart Bacon, which is in your grocery store veggie section. Simply fry it in olive oil and crumble.)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- A handful of chopped almonds
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Pour bag of broccoli slaw in a bowl.
- Add the chopped pepper, soy bacon, red onion, and almonds.
- Mix dressing ingredients in your blender or food processor.
- Pour dressing over the salad and enjoy.
Bonus. With this versatile salad, you can pretty much add anything you can think of to make it delicious. Other ingredients to consider include the following: green peas, shredded carrots, golden raisins, and cranberries.