What’s summer without a little watermelon? In fact, what’s anytime without a little watermelon? They’re an amazing super fruit that can help boost your health and give your loved ones big smiles. Including more watermelon in your daily diet, for example by having nutritious meals like watermelon salad, is a delicious way to take care of your health and enjoy a variety of flavors.
The yummy recipe listed below is made with cucumbers, pistachio nuts, red onion, feta cheese, fresh herbs and spices, and, of course, watermelon. Watermelon has numerous health benefits. When your body is dehydrated, watermelon, which is made up of 92 percent water and 6 percent sugar, is a sweet solution. Watermelon can also help keep your heart healthy by reducing risk of hypertension and cardiovascular disease. And if you’re in need of more vitamin C and vitamin A, watermelon is the perfect yummy remedy.
So if you want to enjoy watermelon for lunch, get creative! Try the yummy watermelon salad recipe listed below. It will taste great with a light sandwich and a refreshing drink.
Moroccan Watermelon Salad with Pistachio Recipe
(recipe from Sylvia Fountaine of Feasting at Home)
- 4-5 cups of watermelon cut into 3/4-inch to 1-inch cubes
- 4 Turkish cucumbers (or one English) cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup of mint
- 1/2 cup of Italian parsley
- 1/4- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup of toasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/8 cup of red wine or white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt, more to taste
- A little cracked pepper
- A pinch of ground clove
- Combine the watermelon, cucumber, and onion in a large bowl.
- Chop up the herbs and add to the large bowl.
- Add in feta and pistachios to the rest of the dish and gently mix.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper and mix well before serving.
From watermelon salads to yummy, fruity popsicles, you can’t go wrong with this delicious fruit. If you’re looking for more watermelon-based recipes, try making no-bake watermelon “cupcakes”. This recipe uses slices of watermelon for the “cupcake” and frosting made from mascarpone cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy cream.