Check out this great video of fat burner exercises for beginners. It’s all standing, no equipment needed and is ideal for new exercise ideas, and people returning to exercise routines. This workout is part of Real Start and Real Start Plus – a workout plan made for real people with real people.
Video by Body Project, who provides high energy, motivating workouts to do from home. Their goal is to share their passion for exercise and excellent movement with others who want to feel good about their body, and therefore experience great health. As a result, their holistic exercise program includes HIIT cardio, resistance training, pilates and yoga. You can learn more about them on their website.
Want more exercise videos? We’ve got them!
Why fat burning exercises are important
The CDC says regular physical activity is important for good health, and it’s especially important if you’re trying to lose weight or to maintain a healthy weight.
- When losing weight, more physical activity increases the number of calories your body uses for energy or “burns off.” The burning of calories through physical activity, combined with reducing the number of calories you eat, creates a “calorie deficit” that results in weight loss.
- Most weight loss occurs because of decreased caloric intake. However, evidence shows the only way to maintain weight loss is to be engaged in regular physical activity.
- Most importantly, physical activity reduces risks of cardiovascular disease and diabetes beyond that produced by weight reduction alone.
Physical activity also helps to
- Maintain weight.
- Reduce high blood pressure.
- Reduce risk for type 2 diabetes, heart attack, stroke, and several forms of cancer.
- Lessen arthritis pain and associated disability.
- Reduce risk for osteoporosis and falls.
- Reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety.